Saturday, October 8, 2011

My New Word Wall!

I <3 my new word wall.

I bought the stick-on word wall kits at my local Teacher Store.  But, I hated that it monopolized my entire white board in the front of my room.  I also didn't like the location because I would often have my projector screen pulled down, which covered most of it up. 
I love the ease of using the stick-on kit and I loved the location of my word wall LAST YEAR!
Hence, this fabulous solution....

I bought this white laminate board from Home Depot for $11.97.  The friendly Home Depot guy even carried it all the way from the HD to the front door of our school (which is right next door) for me b/c it wouldn't fit in the back of my car :-)  THANKS HOME DEPOT!!!!!

The size was already perfect to fit my alphabet A-M on top and then N-Z on the bottom.  This alone is a Kindergarten Teachers dream come true.  My hubby came to drill it onto the wall today and I added my cute jungle border.  Cannot wait to watch my Kinder Kiddos utilize it and become better readers and writers for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment